UPDATE: In-person activities have been suspended due to COVID precautions and current county case rate. We will communicate via email, website, and our social media pages any further updates. Please join us ONLINE Sundays @ 10am on our Facebook page.
Monticello Covenant Church is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all who work and worship at our church. To ensure such an environment, we have developed a Preparedness and Reopening Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The staff and leadership of Monticello Covenant are responsible for implementing this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential transmission of COVID-19 in our church building. Only through a cooperative effort can we maintain the safety and health of our staff, congregation, and guests.
The following will highlight some of the health and safety measures Monticello Covenant is implementing for in-person services:
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms of illness or a fever of 100.4 degrees, or have been exposed to COVID-19 are asked to please stay home and enjoy worship online.
- In compliance with Executive Order 20-81, face masks are required for in-person worship.
- In addition to wearing face masks, all people must maintain social distancing guidelines of 6 feet between anyone not living in your immediate household.
- Those attending in-person worship are asked to please observe appropriate hygiene etiquette including: cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or into your arm. Wash hands frequently with hand sanitizer or soap and water.
- Ushers will be taking attendance of those attending worship. In the case of a COVID-19 exposure, those who may have been exposed will be contacted.
- The church building will be regularly cleaned and sanitized including all high-touch areas, bathrooms, office spaces, kitchen, etc. Any areas used for services or meetings will be thoroughly cleaned after each use.
- These guidelines will be applied to any use of the church building (any use must be approved by the leadership team) including but not limited to: Celebrate Recovery, Bible Studies, Kids and Youth programming, meetings, etc.
The following will highlight some of the changes to worship Monticello Covenant is implementing for in-person services:
- Worship services may be shorter than usual and the order of service may be revised.
- Chairs will be spaced out to accommodate social distancing. Only members of the same household can be seated closer than 6 feet.
- Music will be pre-recorded and singing may be limited or modified. Masks may not be removed for singing or worship.
- No shared materials such as Bibles, pens, hymnals, etc. There will be no paper copies of the bulletin. Offering baskets will be placed at the back of the sanctuary.
- Please refrain from hugs/handshakes. No gathering in the lobby or other areas. All interactions must be from 6 feet apart.
- No treats or coffee will be offered at this time. Communion elements will not be offered at this time, but pre-packaged elements may be used in the future.
- Signs and markings will be used throughout the church to communicate guidelines.
- Online worship will continue to be provided on Facebook Live and YouTube for anyone unable to attend in-person or who would prefer to continue worshipping online.
For more information, please refer to our full COVID-19 Preparedness and Reopening Plan which is linked below. We ask that all people humbly abide by these guidelines out of love and respect for our church and community. Worship will look different from “normal,” but we believe that if these guidelines are followed we can have a positive and safe worship experience for all.